About NAMI Martin County, local affiliate of the National Association on Mental Illness (NAMI) . . .
We are a group of people who gather to support and help one another succeed in navigating the often challenging issues associated with mental health and caring for and about an individual with mental illness. We are all volunteers, and encourage everyone to join with us in working to increase community awareness of the myriad impacts of mental illness, rejecting and fighting the stigma that too often prevents people from asking for and receiving needed help and support, and advocating for quality, affordable and accessible mental health services for all residents of Martin County and surrounding areas.
Our twice-monthly support group is open to all who have a family member or close friend facing mental health challenges, and we welcome you to join us. You are not alone! We meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (except on holidays) from 6 to 7 pm in Stuart. Please see the Events page for details.
You can help spread the word about NAMI Martin County by sharing our contact and meeting information, by inviting others to join with us, and by visiting, liking and commenting on our regularly updated Facebook page at Facebook.com/NAMIMartinCounty/. Please also consider making a financial donation to help us further our outreach and provision of services.
While we encourage you to become a member of NAMI, and the low membership fees do help to support our local affiliate’s efforts, membership is not required in order to participate with our local group.
The national organization website at NAMI.org offers a plethora of educational, advocacy and support information and tools, and we encourage you to make use of these resources. In particular, many people find the “Learn More” section on Mental Health Conditions is extremely valuable.
We welcome you to join us.
- To support and encourage those who suffer from mental illness and their families in all areas of their lives: mentally, physically and spiritually.
- Advocate for research into causes and cures of mental illnesses and improvement in the quality of treatment.
- Promote community support programs for consumers and families. To our community, NAMI offers knowledge and support to ease trauma and help in dealing with the stigma that goes along with mental illness.
- Assist in understanding mental illness and the treatments that are available. We believe no one should suffer alone or be unaware of available help.
For more information:
- Call us: 772.285.0967
- Email us: email@example.com
- Also find us online at Facebook.com/namimartincounty